Tuesday 7 May 2013

Ombre Nails

Morning girls! So I have been up bright and early doing my nails, (yet again) and after my success with Rainbow Ombre nails yesterday I thought I would try just regular ombre nails:


The technique is just the same as my review on rainbow ombre nails found here, using cellotape to keep nice and tidy, but this time the base coat is the lightest of your shades of varnish. Online suggests using three different shades but I personally used:

Blue:

1.Top shop Celestial varnish
2.Catrice cosmetics 410 Pool Party at night


Green:
1.Kiko Milans Mint Milk
2. Catrice cosmetics 340 Run forest run!

Top Tips
1. I didn't have a third shade as most youtube videos suggest, so blend your own using a white and the edge of a piece of paper it works a treat!
2.Borrow friends nail varnishes, not everyone is going to have 3 shades of the colour you want!
3. Keep trying it takes a few attempts to get the hang of it

How did you get on?

5 comments:

  1. hi de hi! Just wondering when the luscious girly curlies post is coming!! GIRLS GOT CURLZ XOXO CURLY GIRLY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh but you've got to sort your nails out first.

      Nails before hair every time! xxxxoooxxx :P

      Delete
    2. Will be posting some reviews about great shampoos for curly hair today for you, and Jo I have a few nail posts coming soon too lol xx

      Delete
    3. Also thinking some fake tan should defo feature as one of the next posts! xx

      Delete
  2. Will try that next week bbe as have a great one at home! xx

    ReplyDelete